Monday, September 7, 2009

September 7, 2009

I am getting back into the fall routine. The kids and I are all back in school. Brandon started middle school this year, Katie went to 2nd grade and Cole started Kindergarten. I am taking 16 hours this semester in the Post-Bac Teacher Certification program at MSU and am looking forward to a busy and productive semester. I am surviving through my use of lists - lists of assignments, grocery lists, to-do lists, chore lists for the kids - all paper and pencil for me; I work better when I physically write down and cross off all the items I need to do. I keeping with my love of lists, I am going to try to come here and post lists that reflect what is going on in my life.

Five things that happened last week...
1 - Katie went to her first sleepover on Saturday night, she got homesick and I had to go pick her up at 9:00 (but she still had a great time!)
2 - I was sicker than I have been in years, I'm finally feeling like myself again today.
3 - I dusted off my scrapbook supplies and made two pages; the first ones I've made since May.
4 - As of my last weigh-in I have lost 10% of my starting weight and am 40% of the way to my goal!
5 - Cole is learning about a different color every day and gets to wear colors to match! (I'm not sure what I'm going to do for the purple and pink days this week.)

No comments: