Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Weekly Musing

As I approach my 40th birthday, I realize there are many things that I want to accomplish during my remaining years. To that end, I am working on a list (tentatively referred to as "50 by 50") of things I want to do, see, go to and be during the next 10 years.

One of the definite items on this list is to begin a journal where I record my thoughts and memories at least once a week. This is the motivation behind starting this blog. Each Monday I am going to write a "Monday's Memories" post that will list the little things that made up my previous week. On Wednesdays, I will write my "Weekly Musing". This will be a more freeform post that I will use to record my progress on my 50 items, to write entries that will eventually become part of my "Encyclopedia of Me" (more about this later), or to talk about whatever is on my mind.

Eventually, I plan to add more post-specific days. I have learned that when I get too ambitious, I tend to burn out, so I will take this slow and keep it fun.

No comments: