Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Wednesday Musing - Scrapbook kits

I am taking a new class at BPS call Crazy about Kits taught by May Flaum. I am really enjoying it. This week the goal was to pick a manufacturers kit and use it to make some scrapbook layouts or other projects using primarily the items in the kit along with some items chosen from your "stash". I was amazed at how freeing it was to start with a limited amount of "product" and to create just with those items. It was also a lot faster. Over the course of one week I completed 6 12x12 single page layouts, 2 cards, 2 altered notebooks and a mini album. It is so much faster to create a page when you start with the product and then select pictures that fit. I usually pick my photos first and then spend hours trying to pick the perfect papers and embellies.

I am really looking forward to the week when she helps us learn to create kits from our own stash. I am really starting to see all the stuff I've accumulated in a different light. It's not just piles of stuff, it's items that are ready to coordinate and play with.

So much fun...

No comments: